How to Remove Chocolate Stains from Upholstery
Wondering how to get chocolate out of a car seat? What about your furniture? Follow these steps to learn how to remove chocolate stains from everyday upholstered items:
- Carefully scrape excess chocolate off with a knife or by holding your vacuum hose directly above the stain.
- Make a simple stain remover by adding 1 tablespoon dish soap to 2 cups of warm water.
- Apply the stain remover using a clean toothbrush, gently dabbing the stain remover over the stain. Be careful not to rub the stain, as this can work the stain further into the fabric. After each dab, rinse the toothbrush and dip it back into the stain remover before returning to the stain. Repeat this step a few times.
- Soak up the stain remover using a clean towel or a paper towel. Again, be sure to press into the surface and not rub the stain into the upholstery.
- Repeat steps three and four until the stain is no longer visible and the chocolate no longer shows up on the towel.