Salt is great for melting ice, but bad when those white stains get on your shoes, and you walk on your wood floors. Unfortunately, if you don’t clean the stains quickly enough, they could cause permanent damage. Here is an easy and cost-effective way you can clean the salt and preserve your floors.
- Start by vacuuming up the area.
- Mix a solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the floor and let it sit for a few minutes. You don’t want to soak the area, but it should be damp enough to let the salt dissolve.
- Mop the floor with a dry towel before wiping it down again with a damp rag.
- Do a final wipe-down with a dry towel.
Salt dust does not stand a chance against this!
Source: House Beautiful